Description – BHA were appointed as quantity surveyors and contract administrators on this refurbishment of a 16,000 sq. ft Grade II Listed country house, ancillary buildings, and grounds. We were part of an integrated team working with the project manager, architect, and engineers.
The works included a basement extension, a bedroom to attic conversion and extensive landscaping works. Working to a strict budget, we prioritised works with sensitive intervention. This involved careful cost and risk management.
The landscaping of the private residence in St. Andrews was extensive. The estates land included private courtyards, formal and informal gardens, water features, an orchard, swimming pool and tennis court. The project also included an extensive new driveways and utility diversions. BHA worked closely with the landscape architect from inception to completion.
Constraints on use and selection of hard and soft landscaping materials. We used a procurement strategy to satisfy client priorities of quality, value for money, and risk criteria. There was a direct selection and procurement of mature plants from Belgium & Holland.
Image Licence: TBC
- Service: Quantity Surveying / Contract Administration
- Architects/ Interior Design: Archer Humphreys Architects
- Landscape Architect: Miranda Brookes landscape Architects
- Basement extension.
- Bedroom to attic conversion
- Extensive landscaping works.
- Reclaimed features from the grounds and locally.
- Stone sourced from local quarries.