Ray Park Visitors Centre
Description – Ray Park Visitors Centre is new build low carbon exemplar project for the London Borough of Redbridge. Incorporating sustainability innovations including high level insulation, ground source heat pump, wind turbines, earth tube ventilation and solar panels. The visitor centre gained a new exhibition space and music room.
The high-profile project face challenging budget constraints. The team overcame this through innovative solutions from everyone involved.
The project created a new community space for many groups. It includes features such as a new teaching space and office. It also saw additional recreational areas including a café and kitchen garden.
Awards – 2012 Galvanising Awards (Highly Commended)
- Service: Quantity Surveying / Contract Administration / Project Management / Net Zero
- Client: London Borough of Redbridge
- Architect: Sara Wigglesworth Architects
- Providing community space including exhibition and gallery space, music room and café.
- Environmental and ecological considerations.